Throughout Unite's journeys across East Africa, which began in 1991, we have met some truly extraordinary individuals from all walks of life who are committed to creating positive change in their communities, against all odds. When we come across these bright, talented, rare & precious souls, we want to do all we can to support them in their work to uplift and empower those living in greatest need. Some of the traits our “Warriors for Change” share include:
- Intelligence, experience, aptitude
- Creative problem solving abilities, critical thinking,
- Resilience and an inexplicable well of inner strength,
- A clear and specific vision for a better tomorrow, and
- Unwavering faith in what is possible.