When faced with the extreme and widespread challenges of the day — disease, war, violence, hunger, poverty,
corruption, hopelessness, apathy, greed & hate — there is only one way forward:
We must UNITE. We must band together, cross barriers and borders seen and unseen,
connect with those we believe to be "the others" and find and celebrate all that unites us.
As we sit idly by and watch the suffering and horror escalate in nearly every corner of our world,
WE MUST ASK OURSELVES…
“WHAT WOULD LOVE DO?”
AND THEN, WE MUST ACT.
-Anne Wells, Unite Founder & Director
- That through generous, courageous and selfless service, we have the capacity to make a difference.
- In Effective Altruism, focusing on the most effective solutions to the most pressing problems.
- In the fight to end oppression and create social justice, opportunity, dignity and hope for all.
- In sowing seeds of freedom, understanding, compassion, responsibility and unity.
- In supporting entrepreneurship, independence and self-sufficiency.
- In always asking questions, LISTENING carefully, and doing everything possible to ensure, above all else, we do no harm.
- That apathy, non action and denial are the greatest threats to our planet today.
Unite's role is tO:
- Identify, vet and approve partner grantee programs and projects in Tanzania.
- Conduct needs assessments in partnership with local leadership.
- Communicate those needs to existing and potential donors in America.
- Provide ongoing support, assistance and professional development and coaching.
- Ensure donor funds are allocated and managed properly and transparently.
- Report back to donors with news of progress and impact.
- Evaluate the short- and long-term impact of our investments and consistently examine the consequences of our actions.
- Whenever possible and appropriate, empower grantees to become self-sustaining with income-generating projects and, if necessary, access to a wider international audience.