Educating, mentoring, empowering & preparing extraordinary Tanzanian youth to become global change agents.
To break the vicious cycle of poverty, oppression & wasted human potential by empowering uniquely talented-yet-impoverished youth across Tanzania with access to quality education through university, and through our engaged team of international advisors and mentors nurture creative & independent thinking and the development of personal and professional life skills necessary for success as active, engaged & productive global citizens.
- Sub-Saharan Africa has the largest number (202 million) of children & adolescents on Earth who are in school but not learning the fundamental subjects of reading and math, with nearly 9 out of 10 between the ages of ~6 and 14 not meeting minimum proficiency levels.
- Of those who complete primary education (~elementary school in the USA) in Tanzania, only 10% each year continue on to secondary school (~middle & high school in the USA), giving Tanzania the lowest secondary enrollment rate in Africa.
- Only 0.7% of students in Tanzania ever even enroll in tertiary (higher) education.
- Of those who are able to complete their studies, there exists a widespread challenge of being unprepared & unequipped to engage successfully in high-level and/or international professional environments.
- SEARCH the entire country of Tanzania through the combined expansive network of our ADVISORS and growing world of Unite contacts;
- IDENTIFY & VET extraordinary and uniquely talented youth who meet our strict qualification criteria;
- MATCH scholars with donors & underwriters (connecting fields of study and expertise whenever possible);
- SUPPORT our scholars’ academic, personal & professional growth & development by pairing them with high performing MENTORS who then engage in regular communications & hands-on guidance and coaching;
- ENCOURAGE our scholars to think independently, to examine & question societal norms, to advocate for themselves & others, and to develop their own solutions to life’s challenges;
- REQUIRE our scholars to remain in high academic standing, meet our strict reporting requirements, and submit an annual “challenge project,” designed to foster creative & analytical thinking by applying key learnings from their studies to the greater world around them;
- INVITE our successful scholars to become mentors themselves to further grow and expand this cycle of empowerment, helping upcoming students to envision, manifest & achieve their BIG DREAMS;
- WALK with our scholars throughout their journeys as they strive to become the great leaders & change agents of tomorrow.
Sources: UNESCO; Girls Education Collaborative; Pambazuka; Nation Master