Click here to meet our program Advisors & Click here to meet our program Mentors
OUr unite scholar program is highly competitive. our SELECTION criteria includes:
- Must have proven excellent scores on any national exams.
- Must submit a teacher reference and at least one character reference.
- Must prove financial need (a Unite rep to visit family, review financials, etc).
- Must submit a written essay statement of intent & be interviewed by Unite.
- Must submit a statement from parents or caregivers with a signed commitment to offer full support of the candidate's education in all ways possible.
- Must submit a detailed budget.
- Must be able and willing to communicate with Unite regularly via email and Whats App.
- Must submit quarterly reports to Unite.
- Must be willing to work with Unite team members in Tanzania upon request.
- Must be willing, if invited, to serve as a mentor to new Unite Scholars over the years to come.
- Unite will provide a challenge each year to our Scholars to support their creative thinking & creative problem solving skills. Each applicant must submit either a written work or video report in response to this "challenge," which then must be approved by our Scholars committee for funding to be continued the following academic year.
- Must work hard, believe in oneself and DREAM BIG.
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD EMAIL UNITE DIRECTOR ANNE WELLS (ANNE@UNITEAFRICAFOUNDATION.ORG) AND UNITE ADVISOR ANTY MARCHE (ANTYKMARCHE@GMAIL.COM) WHO CO-CHAIR THE SELECTION COMMITTEE FOR THIS UNITE SCHOLARS PROGRAM.